Re: [O] broken link in online docs

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] broken link in online docs
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 16:56:35 +0200

Hi Brian,

Brian van den Broek <address@hidden> writes:

> <http://orgmode.org/manual/Tables.html#Tables> has a link "(see <a
> href="../calc/index.html#Top">Calc</a>)" that yields a 404.
>
> I know patches are preferred, but I don't know to what the link ought
> to point, so cannot fix the issue myself.

The problem is that the link is correct in the Info version of the
manual and wrong in the HTML version of the manual.  I don't know how
to specify a HTML reference that will be different from the Info one.
Using @uref{} does not help here.

As such cases are rare, I suggest making a redirection from

http://orgmode.org/calc/index.html#Top

http://www.delorie.com/gnu/docs/calc/calc_toc.html

Jason, can you set this up?

--