Re: [O] [beamer] What is the easiest way to inject latex code between bl

From: Mikhail Titov
Subject: Re: [O] [beamer] What is the easiest way to inject latex code between block environments?
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2012 23:46:28 -0500

On Apr 17, 2012, at 8:23 PM, John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 8:19 PM, John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:
>> On Tue, Apr 17, 2012 at 8:08 PM, Mikhail Titov <address@hidden> wrote:
>>> Hello!
>>>
>>> I would like to explicitly define heights for columns that contain blocks
>>> to be able to use \vfill [1] in-between blocks. And here comes the problem.
>>> I kind of need to inject
>>>
>>> #+latex: \vfill
>>>
>>> before new block
>>>
>>> ** block2
>>>
>>> but after \end{block} was emitted, not before. Is there an easy way to
>>> approach that?
>>
>> Everything in org-mode gets treated as belonging to the parent
>> headline. I don't think there's an easy way to do this except by
>> tweaking the .tex file after export and re-compiling via LaTeX
>> directly.

That is how I'm proceeding now as I don't have time to hack now:(

>> I could be wrong, but I believe it's the same principle as why the
>> answer to these questions is "No":
>> -- http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#closing-outline-sections

I wonder if a special case can be made via some extra property and some changes
to orgmode code (or with hooks?). It should be possible as I need just quite
specific command and not "arbitrary" text embedded.

>> In other words... everything is always in some headline and what
>> you're trying to do is escape a headline to enter text in kind of a
>> "no man's land." Sorry to say, I don't think it's possible.
>>

> Actually, I was picturing doing this in between /frames/, not blocks.

That is how beamerposter is organized.

> Since you're in a frame, you can just write the LaTeX syntax directly
> inside of your frame headline?

I was trying to escape to orgmode from plain latex not to return that far back
;)