Re: [O] ATTR_HTML for a clickable image, howto?

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] ATTR_HTML for a clickable image, howto?
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2012 11:02:12 +0200

Hi François,

address@hidden (François Pinard) writes:

> I understand what you mean by saying it does not make sense with the
> current mechanics.  Yet, from a user perspective, it surely makes sense
> hoping that Org offers a way for adding attributes to either part of a
> link, as links are kind of indivisible (so far that I know).

Agreed.  But remember we are in kind of a transition from the current
exporter to the new ones, so efforts on fixing problems with the current
one are less pressing than trying to move to the new ones.

>> I suggest you fix your css instead.
>
> My knowledge of CSS is rudimentary.  I'm not aware that CSS (the version
> widely available, not the incoming one) has enough matching capabilities
> to spot wrong HTML, remove attributes on some elements and add them on
> other elements.  Is that really possible?

  #+ATTR_HTML: align="right" id="my_css_id_for_this_anchor"

[[file:2011-06-04-gazou-passeport.png][file:2011-06-04-gazou-passeport-petit.jpg]]

Then in your css:

  a.my_css_id_for_this_anchor > img {...}

> Should I dive and study CSS more?

Everyone should, no ? :)

> Without matching, CSS would not help much, as the correction is
> needed in three dozen cases at most, and not blindly for all images.

See above.

HTH,

--
 Bastien