Re: [O] identify notes within headlines

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] identify notes within headlines
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 08:14:02 +0200

Hi Fred,

Fred Hansen <address@hidden> writes:

> Most of my headlines contain only timestamps as content.  Some,
> however, have notes. These notes are usually contextual information
> that will help me to complete a task.  To remember to check the
> notes, I type 'see note' at the end of these headlines. I suppose I
> could also use a tag like ":NOTE:". The problem is that I have to
> remember to add a tag or type "see note".  I don't like the added
> step and I sometimes forget to do it.  Before I began tracking state
> changes I was able to use the elipsis as a visual indication that the
> note had contents, but now all my notes have elipsis.  Does anyone
> have a better (automated) way to identify notes?  Perhaps I a hook
> after org-add-note to add a tag to the headline?  Thanks for any
> suggestions.

I like the idea of being able to identify entries with notes, but
this is hardly doable, because notes are formatted differently for
different users.

What's doable instead is to have a function mapping the current buffer
and looking for entries with a LOGBOOK drawer.  You can have a look at
`org-map-entries' for a start.

HTH,

--
 Bastien