Re: [O] Sticky Agenda buffer: Announcement and request for testing

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Sticky Agenda buffer: Announcement and request for testing
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 07:37:05 +0200

Hi Manuel,

Manuel Hermenegildo <address@hidden> writes:

> But, would it be possible to achieve the behavior I had mistakenly
> assumed?
>
> Going back to the week view example, Org would remember the rendering
> of each week as you move from one week to another, not recomputing a
> week that has already been visited. The different weeks would be kept
> in different buffers (called, e.g., *Org Agenda (<year/week number>*).
> All these buffers would be recomputed only when g is typed. It woudl
> work the same with, say, day view.
>
> I at least would find that *very* useful (but I do not know how much
> more complicated it is than the current stickiness).

I played around with your idea, storing informations from each agenda
view in a variable `org-agenda-listing' -- which is kind of a "cache"
for agendas.

While the idea is neat, the implementation has to be careful of keeping
old agenda views in sync with the state of the .org buffers, as Samuel
correctly pointed out.

I've nothing mature yet in this area, but I'll surely digg again when
the sticky agenda branch is merged.

Please ping us with this idea again after the merge.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien