Re: [O] org-mobile: Strange #+TODO: in index.org

From: Moritz Ulrich
Subject: Re: [O] org-mobile: Strange #+TODO: in index.org
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 01:12:08 +0200

On Thu, Mar 29, 2012 at 12:51, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Ulrich,

It's Moritz, everyone confuses this ;-) (No hard feelings)

> Moritz Ulrich <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I recently started using org-mode in combination with MobileOrg rather
>> excessively. Everything works pretty good, with one exception:
>> `org-mobile-push' adds a strange #+TODO: line to index.org:
>>
>>     #+TODO:  | DONE
>
> See this section in the manual:
>
>  5.2.5 Setting up keywords for individual files in

I wasn't aware of | being a special operator for TODO keywords, thanks!

>> This confuses my MobileOrg application (Android, MobileOrg-NG, a fork)
>> and I couldn't find the source of the problem:
>>
>> - grepped my org-agenda files for 'DONE', '|' or 'TODO' (no abnormalities)
>> - Checked `org-todo-keywords', `org-todo-keywords-for-agenda' and
>> `org-todo-keyword-alist-for-agenda'. Again, nothing strange.
>>
>> The only file with this abnormality is index.org after
>> org-mobile-push. Killing the line fixes it, but the next push will add
>> it again.
>
> Can you check if this patch against master fixes the problem for you?

Sadly it causes a bunch of problems: MobileOrg and MobileOrg-NG
doesn't seem to recognize #+TYP_TODO: lines. With this patch applied,
MobileOrg doesn't recognize any TODO keyword and therefore fails to
parse them correctly. Looks like a bug in the MobileOrg projects.

--
Moritz Ulrich