Re: [O] org-replace-disputed-keys not working

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] org-replace-disputed-keys not working
Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 00:29:29 +0200

Hi Thorsten,

On Tue, Mar 27, 2012 at 00:08, Thorsten <address@hidden> wrote:
> I started the emacs-daemon with that option, but it did not help
> unfortunately. But it seems windmove.el only works in X11 anyway, not in
> console sessions? At least for me the shift character is ignored in a
> console session and doing C-h k for S-<right> gives:

That is an issue with your terminal emulator. I have faced that too but
haven't had time to look into it in detail.

I also use windmove but with the meta (M, Alt on linux) key. This
however has the disadvantage of conflicting even more with org. So I use
the shift key with org. So in the end windmove works in all modes
(except org) for all sessions (X and terminal), it works with hiccups
with org only in an X session.

These are my relevant settings:

  ;; navigate thru windows using M-<arrow>
  (windmove-default-keybindings 'meta)

  ;; Make windmove work in org-mode with 'shift as modifier:
  (add-hook 'org-shiftup-final-hook 'windmove-up)
  (add-hook 'org-shiftleft-final-hook 'windmove-left)
  (add-hook 'org-shiftdown-final-hook 'windmove-down)
  (add-hook 'org-shiftright-final-hook 'windmove-right)

Hope this will help.

--
Suvayu