Re: [O] org-babel tangling + ascii export

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] org-babel tangling + ascii export
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2012 09:10:11 -0400

Ilya Shlyakhter <address@hidden> writes:

>>Yes this is possible, see the "org" argument to the "comment" header
> argument http://orgmode.org/manual/comments.html.
>
> Right, I saw that, but it has the following limitation:
>
>>The text is picked from the leading context of the tangled code and is
> limited by the nearest headline or source block as the case may be.
>
> I want all text from the Org file included, not just "leading context up to
> nearest headline".

The above text means "per code block", so the entire file is exported.

> I also want the hierarchical structure of the included text preserved,
> as done by ASCII export.

Please try to tangle the attached file, I believe it is what you want.

> (E.g. I want to include high-level documentation and description, as
> goes at the top of an elisp file, and which can be broken into
> sections/subsections/etc -- not just local documentation before a
> given code block).  Is that possible?

Yes.

Best,

#+Property: comments both
#+Property: tangle example.el

This is a the top of an Org-mode file.

* Headline 1
This is content inside of a headline.
| 1 |
| 2 |
| 3 |
| 4 |

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (message "code block 1")
#+end_src

* Headline 2
This is content inside of a secondary headline.

#+begin_src emacs-lisp
  (message "code block 1")
#+end_src

--