Re: [O] Access org-tag-alist from #+FILETAGS

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Access org-tag-alist from #+FILETAGS
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 14:48:24 -0400

Charles <address@hidden> wrote:

> I hope my occupation is not the reason for the "no response" to my
> question and comments two weeks ago.

Nope - lack of time, energy, inclination, knowledge are all possible.

> Charlie Millar
>
> On 2/28/2012 2:28 PM, Charles wrote:
> > I use a few tags and usually two or three will apply to all entries
> > in a particular file, e.g. :work:Client:OpenFile: or :Personal:Home:
> >
> > All my tags are in my .emacs using the org-tag-alist and I want to
> > use these consistently.
> >
> > Is there a way to access org-tag-alist from the in-buffer settings
> > #+FILETAGS or #+TAGS? C-c C-c, of course, refreshes the local
> > setting; C-c C-q gives an error(?) message "Before first headline at
> > position 1 in buffer . . ."
> >
> > At the moment my work around is: start the file's first line with
> > *<spc>#+FILETAGS, then C-c C-c, and after setting tags delete the
> > *<spc>.

Have you tried a setup file?

tag.org:
#+TAGS: one two three

and the "real" file is:
#+SETUPFILE: tag.org

#+TAGS: foo bar baz

* two
* four
* three
                               :bar:baz:
* one
                                   :foo:
* five
                               :foo:baz:

#+BEGIN_SRC elisp
org-tag-alist
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
| one      |
| two      |
| three    |
| :newline |
| foo      |
| bar      |
| baz      |

everything plus :newline (whatever that is).

Nick