Re: [O] Beamer specific setupfile?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer specific setupfile?
Date: Tue, 13 Mar 2012 00:02:55 -0500

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 5:44 PM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> > Yeah, I should have just posted an example with an included theme
>> > instead of the one I usually use. I think I tracked it down. First, I
>> > added =t= to the list of class options:
>> > ---
>> > #+latex_class_options: [t,presentation,bigger]
>> > ---
>> >
>> > I saw an effect on my frame alignment, which told me things were,
>> > indeed, being read. It seems the issue was with using
>> > #+beamer_header_extra. I don't know what that's supposed to be for,
>> > but it isn't picking up the theme option. Actually... in searching for
>> > what it's supposed to be used for, I ran across a mailing list post of
>> > the same problem:
>> > -- http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2010-09/msg01011.html
>> >
>> > Indeed, ditching beamer_header_extra for the theme setting and just
>> > using #+latex_header... works.
>> >
>> > Thoughts on fixing this?
>> >

>> The beamer exporter is searching the original file for #+BEAMER_* stuff, not
>> the setup file (and of course it does not find anything interesting there).
>>
>> The latex exporter seems to find everything in the setup file however, so
>> there
>> must be some mechanism for searching the setup file. If so, it should be
>> possible to crib it and copy it into the beamer exporter. But the devil, as
>> the
>> saying goes, is in the details...
>>

> I think the magic for latex headers happens in org-infile-export-plist:
> but the function has not been told about #+BEAMER_* stuff, so it'll need
> the addition of a few more cases to handle the beamer stuff.
>
> Nick

Great. Thanks for checking into this. I don't know how to fix it, so
I'll simply stick to #+latex_header, as this is working fine at the
moment. It's interesting that #+beamer_ options work from the file
itself, but not from the setupfile, considering it sounds like all the
setupfile line does it treat the contents as if it's in the file
itself. Something's getting lost in there.

Thanks again,
John