Re: [O] Unable to find contrib/

From: Sankalp
Subject: Re: [O] Unable to find contrib/
Date: Sun, 11 Mar 2012 18:06:10 +0530

Hi Debaditya,

On 11 March 2012 15:24, Jambunathan K <address@hidden> wrote:
Debaditya Mukhopadhyay <address@hidden> writes:

> I have org 7.8.03.
>
> added to my .emacs
>
>     (add-to-list 'load-path "org-root-dir/contrib/lisp")
>     (require 'org-mime)

Make sure that org-root-dir has the same value
M-x locate-library RET org RET

You could also try

M-x locate-library RET org-mime RET

ideally this should output something like :

Library is file ~/.emacs.d/org-7.8.03/contrib/lisp/org-mime.el

(that's what it gives on my setup)

If it doesn't give output, then you're either missing the "contrib" directory (as possible while using ELPA) or you've given the path wrong.

Make sure contrib dir exists.

AFAIK, ELPA, Vanilla Emacs doesn't have contrib dir as part of the
distribution. Try git.

> getting
>

>     File error: Cannot open load file, org-mime
>
>     To ensure normal operation, you should investigate and remove the
>     cause of the error in your initialization file.  Start Emacs with
>     the `--debug-init' option to view a complete error backtrace.
>

> Any help will be appreciated.

Sankalp

If humans could mate with software, I'd have org-mode's
babies.
                          --- Chris League on Twitter.
               http://orgmode.org/worg/org-quotes.html