Re: [O] AUCTeX conflicting with org-mode

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] AUCTeX conflicting with org-mode
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2012 22:54:57 +0100

Hi Nick,

On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 21:00, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
> As a workaround-and-proof-of-concept, try
>
> (load "tex")
>
> before loading org. Assuming that that works, you will probably want
> to arrange things that this is always done.

This worked as you hypothesised. :)

> It might also be the case that Carsten's fix needs to be modified to
> check whether TeX-master is bound already - then it can let-bind it
> without problems; but I'm not sure what to do if that's not the case.
>
> The question I have is what exactly causes tex.el to be loaded at that
> point in time. If you can figure that out, then that might lead to a
> more permanent solution.

I am not sure how I can conclusively confirm that, but I think when I
export to latex, the exported latex buffer loads it. For example, I
don't see this issue when say I go through these steps:

1. Open a tex file.
2. Open and export an org file to latex.
3. Open a new tex file.

In this case step (1) must be loading tex.el, circumventing the issue.

Cheers,

--
Suvayu