[O] Push a dependent TODO item on top of a depending one

From: Alan E. Davis
Subject: [O] Push a dependent TODO item on top of a depending one
Date: Mon, 5 Mar 2012 22:42:05 -0800

It just occurred to me to try to implement a method of pushing a TODO item on top of another, in the manner of a Stack.  The item on top of the stack is a task upon which performance of some other task depends.

I need to call someone, so I have a task that appears on my agenda, to call him.  However,  I have just discovered that the phone number I have for this person is not working.  I new need to find his phone number, so I can write a new TODO task.  It would be fantastic to be able to push a TODO on top of the dependant TODO, the task that is held up until one finds the phone number.

Once  I have found the number, and "pop" the number finding task off the agenda, the dependant task would appear as a high priority, active task.   rendering the TODO to CALL invisible, perhaps as a subtask,

I think there are many ways to do this.   Is it a nightmare to implement in the fashion I have suggested?   Is it already easy to do?  The crux of the matter is a dependent TODO is rendered invisible until some subtask TODO is completed.

Thank you for all the ideas,

Alan Davis