Re: [O] Unicode (hindi/devnagari) in beamer export

From: Vikas Rawal
Subject: Re: [O] Unicode (hindi/devnagari) in beamer export
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 04:49:16 +0530

> C-x C-m C-\ devanagari- TAB (pick whatever)
> C-h C-\ (gives you the keymap)
> C-\ (to switch to English again)
> C-\ (to switch to devanagari)

This works beautifully. Thanks.

I have to make a presentation for a workshop in Devnagari. Normally, I
use org-mode for making the presentation. The presentation includes
some work done on R and included using org-babel. So there are source
codes.

Now it turns out that the presentation has to be in devnagari because
most people in the audience do not understand hindi.

So, I have to translate my data so when they are processed in R and
presented as graphs and tables, they come in Devanagari. This works.

I have to type my notes in org-mode in Devnagari. I can do this using
scim and also using the above solution provided by you.

Then I need to export the whole thing via xetex/beamer to PDF. I am
yet to get this right but Suvayu has given some clues. Will check them
out and report back.

Thanks both of you,

Vikas