Re: [O] Marking specific elements for folding?

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Marking specific elements for folding?
Date: Fri, 27 Jan 2012 17:02:35 +0000

Yu <address@hidden> writes:

> Hello!
>
> I was wondering, if there is a way to mark specific elements for
> staying folded unless explicitly shown. Reading the manual I only
> found possibilities to control the global folding of sections and
> blocks in general.
>
> However, what I want to do is:
> - Embed a table of numerical data in my org-mode file.
> - Perform calculations on the data, using the spread sheet capabilities.
> - Plot the data, preferably using a (probably lengthy) gnuplot script.
> - Export only the result graph.
>
> However, the calculations are usually not wanted to be seen, when
> looking at the file, so I'd like to specify, that this specific table
> and this specific gnuplot code block are to be folded by default.
>
> Is there some way to achieve this?

If you are not planning on exporting the data and code, you can put them
into a subheading and "COMMENT" it out.  I do this frequently.  See the
attached file for a simple example.  The really nice thing, for me, is
that you can have the results appearing *before* the data and
code...  This is not necessarily so long as you can put the results in
some other heading, say.

HTH,
eric

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.92.1
: using Org-mode version 7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.243.g0e7f)