Re: [O] Org-edit-special and C-x C-s strange behavior

From: Eric S Fraga
Subject: Re: [O] Org-edit-special and C-x C-s strange behavior
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2012 09:03:08 +0000

Leo Alekseyev <address@hidden> writes:

>> Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>>>
>>> What version of org are you using?  I ask because I used to experience
>
>>> the annoyance you describe a while back; more recently (since at least a
>>> few months ago), hitting C-x C-s no longer has any negative impact: it
>>> saves the file, or at least appears to.
>>>
>>> You still have to C-c ' to get back to the full buffer, mind you, but
>>> that's better, IMO, than changing the behaviour of such a fundamental
>>> key binding as C-x C-s.
>
> It appears that this bug is Emacs-version dependent: it functions as
> you describe with 23.2, but the buffer gets buried (with an error
> message "basic-save-buffer: Wrong type argument: stringp, nil") in
> 24.0.92.  Org mode is the current git HEAD.  I tried to step through
> basic-save-buffer in edebug, but I couldn't catch the error (I'm not
> very experienced with edebug).  Can someone test this on Emacs 24 and
> confirm what I'm seeing?

I am using 24.0.92 and I have no problems at all (just tried right
now).

One difference, however, could be the window configurations we
use.  Specifically, I have

      (setq org-src-window-setup (quote current-window))

in my configuration: the special editing window replaces the current
window entirely.  When I hit C-x C-s, the buffer is saved but nothing
changes (nothing is buried, etc.).  Maybe you have the default
configuration which is to reorganize-frame and maybe that is where the
problem is?

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.0.92.1
: using Org-mode version 7.8.03 (release_7.8.03.106.gc835)