[O] Inconsistent output when logging things between org-indent-mode set

From: Gustav Wikström
Subject: [O] Inconsistent output when logging things between org-indent-mode set to on and off
Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2011 11:56:21 +0100

Hello again!

I've found an inconsistency in org depending on if org-indent-mode is activated or not.

When org-indent-mode is inactive i get spaces in front of schedules and deadlines under a headline, to match the start of the text of the headline i presume. When org-indent-mode is active I do not see this behaviour.

Example when scheduling something with org-indent-mode on and then looking at the plain text:

***** Test
SCHEDULED: <2011-12-23 Fri>

Example when scheduling something without org-indent-mode and then looking at the plain text:

***** Test
      SCHEDULED: <2011-12-23 Fri>

I propose is to remove the whitespace when org-indent-mode is inactive while scheduling things. Or make it a custom setting (maybe it already is?) with the default to not add whitespace.

I do realize that this is a minor (really minor...) inconsistency, but it bugged me and why not report it then?

Regards
Gustav