Re: [O] Please test the new Makefile

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Please test the new Makefile
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 11:05:48 +0100

Am 22.12.2011 02:35, schrieb Takaaki ISHIKAWA:
1. When I just type "make", I find a fatal error message:
   Not a git repository (or any parent up to mount parent )
   Stopping at filesystem boundary (GIT_DISCOVERY_ACROSS_FILESYSTEM not set).

Just "make" doesn't work anymore (it displays a usage section to conform to GNU convention), you'll need "make all". This now implies a "make clean", so you'll normally don't need this as an extra step anymore.

2. "make all" works well with the same message above.
   "make all" will be the default command instead of "make"?

Yes.

3. Packages are installed into "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp".
   This is a known change in ML.

If you want it installed someplace else, create a file "local.mk" and override the variables in "default.mk". So under Linux (assuming you're not logged in as root), you would do

make all && sudo make install

4. "M-x org-version" shows:
   ( @ /usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/org/org-install.el)

I have not yet safeguarded against the situation where make is available, but not git. You can also override this temporarily in targets.mk (GITVERSION, ORGVERSION and GITSTATUS). I will re-arrange this to either test for a Git directory or make it overridable via "local.mk" (or both).

Thank you for testing!

--
Achim.

(on the road :-)