Re: [O] odt export error

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: [O] odt export error
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 13:15:13 +0530

> I can not pinpoint exactly what yields the error, but it reads "Format
> error discovered in the file in sub-document styles.xml at
> 415,108(row,col) when the file attempts to open in openoffice 3.2.  I
> am using org-mode 7.6.

What is your default coding system. As christian points out, the bullet
char is not representable in the specific coding system that you use. As
a consequence, the file is clobbered.

If you are averse to upgrading to latest org -- odt exporter is not
available in the standard GNU ELPA packages -- you can switch your org
file to utf-8 encoding. That could help a bit.