Re: [O] Add publishing with utf8

From: Olaf Dietsche
Subject: Re: [O] Add publishing with utf8
Date: Tue, 22 Nov 2011 22:17:40 +0100

"sindikat" <address@hidden> writes:

> I added this to my .emacs:
>
> (set-language-environment "UTF-8")
> (prefer-coding-system 'utf-8-unix)

This is what I use. Even when I open a new file, the buffer coding
system is chosen as utf-8-unix, shown as U: in the mode line.

Maybe your environment is setup differently? What is the value of LANG
or LC_ALL or any other LC_* environment variable?

I have set LANG=de_DE.utf8.

> (org-export-html-coding-system 'utf-8-unix)
>
> but Emacs still opens files with pure ASCII as undecided-unix, thus
> producing wrong iso-8859-1 in my charsets again. I don't know what to do.
> Is there any way to force Emacs open any file as utf-8?

Maybe C-h v file-coding-system-alist RET helps, if setting the
environment doesn't solve your problem.

Regards, Olaf