[O] Is it the combination with erc? (Was: Re: org-mode using 100 CPU, we

From: Gijs Hillenius
Subject: [O] Is it the combination with erc? (Was: Re: org-mode using 100 CPU, weird note, or just too many of them?)
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 17:32:00 +0100

On 15 Nov 2011, Nick Dokos wrote:

> Torsten Wagner <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi Gijs
>>
>> just by chance because this was the reason for many other slow-downs.
>> (Guess it is qualified for the FAQ already?!)
>> Do you have the linum-mode activated? Getting line-numbers left side
>> of the buffer?

No, nothing there. I did go over the mailing list, to check for some
this and other possibilities. However (see below Nick's remarks)

[...]

> But the profile does not show org misbehaving at all: everything is
> under a tenth of second.  You probably need something like "top" or
> "vmstat" (these are on Linux, but there is probably something similar
> on other OSes). IME, emacs occasionally goes into 100% CPU mode and I
> have to restart it, but it has only happened rarely and I have not
> tried to figure out what's causing it.

I completely forgot to mention this, but Nick's remark reminds me. This
very slow 'org-mode' behaviour *probably* only happens when erc is
running (naturally, in another buffer).

I'm very new to elp-instrument-package, will it help to get this
narrowed down?