Re: [O] Journal versus clock tables: Opposing requirements?

From: Tommy Kelly
Subject: Re: [O] Journal versus clock tables: Opposing requirements?
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2011 17:19:57 +0000

> OK, that might be what I need then. I thought clock tables grouped
> things by headings, not by tags. I'll have a look at the manual.

I'm trying the tagging thing within clock tables, but I can't get it
working at all. I've attached a tag to a single headline, and checked
that I've got that right by using "C-c a m". Then I added a :tags item
to my clock table block but it seems to have no effect. Is this valid:

#+BEGIN: clocktable :maxlevel 2 :scope file :block thisweek :step week
:indent :tags test_tag
#+END:

I've also tried :tags 'test_tag', :tags '+test_tag' and a bunch of
other things, but nothing seems to do anything. What I was expecting
was that my clock table, currently filled with lots of items, would be
reduced to looking only at the single headline that I've tagged. But
it's not -- it just stays as it was before.

What am I doing wrong?
thx,
Tommy