Re: [O] Makefile restructuring

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Makefile restructuring
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 12:00:58 +0200

Is someone still tracks this thread:

I'm still working on the fork, recent changes have been the elimination
of the dependencies.  I've found no simple way to automatically generate
them and even then it would have been really difficult to keep Emacs
from picking up stale byte-compiled files.  While I've developed a way
that allowed to remove all .elc files that a new compile would
re-create, I deemed it far too hacky to go live.  Instead a ``make
clean´´ is now implicit with ``make compile´´ so that there should be no
problems anymore that are caused by the order of byte-compilation.

As discussed in another thread, the version from git-describe is now
also recorded into the info documentation.

Regards,
Achim.