Re: [O] Feature idea: show last log entry

From: Dave Abrahams
Subject: Re: [O] Feature idea: show last log entry
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 15:59:37 -0400

on Wed Oct 12 2011, Bernt Hansen <bernt-AT-norang.ca> wrote:

> Dave Abrahams <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Generally I'm interested in keeping log entries for my Org items for
>> historical purposes only (so I like to stash them away in a :LOGBOOK:
>> drawer), but on a day-to-day basis I'm interested in the very latest log
>> entry; it tells me about the status of the item.  For example, if I've
>> made a task DELEGATED, the latest log entry usually has the person I've
>> delegated it to and often a link to the mail message in which I did the
>> delegation.  So I'd like a feature that would leave the latest log entry
>> outside the drawer, and always file the previous log entry into the
>> drawer when I make a new one.
>>
>> Thoughts?
>
> I log stuff in :LOGBOOK: with the items reversed so the newest is always
> on top.

Mine are ordered that way too.

> SPC on a task in the agenda opens the task including the drawer

Actually I think Carsten fixed that
thing-I-thought-was-a-bug-but-you-thought-was-a-feature.  At least it
doesn't do that for me anymore.

> so I can see the details for any given task.

I'm using the new org-agenda-follow-indirect feature with this patch
(http://patchwork.newartisans.com/patch/1004/)...  and the idea is to
get a somewhat minimal view of the item.  I don't want to open the whole
thing.  But I can understand why nobody else would be calling for this
feature since probably I'm the only one using org-agenda-follow-indirect
ATM.

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing