[O] Export an org file from the command line in the background

From: Viktor Rosenfeld
Subject: [O] Export an org file from the command line in the background
Date: Wed, 19 Oct 2011 18:21:46 +0200

Hi,

is it possible to export an org file from the command line, so that a
currently running Emacs instance is not disturbed? I want to export the
attached org file and run the included source blocks, so I have an
activity report in the end. I use the shell script pasted below, but
there are two problems:

- my Emacs instance is blocked during the execution of the shell
  scripts contained in the file
- the script globally sets org-confirm-babel-evaluate to nil for my
  Emacs instance

The second problem could possibly be solved with a local file variable.
But the first problem remains. If I use emacs instead of emacsclient, it
complains about a running Emacs instance.

  #!/bin/sh

  emacsclient -c \
  --eval "(progn
    (find-file \"macports.org\"))