Re: [O] [OT] How to save and restore window and frame layout and positio

From: Rainer M Krug
Subject: Re: [O] [OT] How to save and restore window and frame layout and position of windows on monitor - session management
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 11:22:02 +0200

On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 7:43 PM, Dave Abrahams <address@hidden> wrote:

on Mon Oct 03 2011, brian powell <briangpowellms-AT-gmail.com> wrote:

> * Discovered this a few days ago: Will it solve your "proble"--which
> seems to be "saving state"; well, maybe, if you play with the code a
> little:
>
> ;;; perspective.el --- switch between named "perspectives" of the editor
>
> ;; Copyright (C) 2008-2010 Nathan Weizenbaum <address@hidden>
> ;;
> ;; Licensed under the same terms as Emacs.
>
> ;; Author: Nathan Weizenbaum
>
> ;;; Commentary:
>
> ;; This package provides tagged workspaces in Emacs, similar to
> ;; workspaces in windows managers such as Awesome and XMonad (and
> ;; somewhat similar to multiple desktops in Gnome or Spaces in OS X).

Aaagh, not another one!  Now I have another package to evaluate.  Can't
the community settle on one solution to this problem?

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/WorkgroupsForWindows

Thanks for your replies -  I'll look into WorkgroupsForWindows as it seems tho offer more options then the other and a better manual.

I am already using desktop-save, but I have the feeling that it sometimes does not work.

Cheers and thanks,

Rainer

--
Dave Abrahams