Re: [O] Beamer export: Are handout notes possible?

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer export: Are handout notes possible?
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 09:57:09 +0200

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm a big fan of the LaTeX beamer export.  However, now I've hit a
> problem that I don't know how to solve.
>
> In plain LaTeX beamer, every text I write between \begin{frame}
> ... \end{frame} is of course not in a frame but will be there if I
> compile the tex file in beamer's handout mode.  That's very convenient
> for putting notes there that you want to mention only in the "audio
> track" of a presentation.
>
> Because the frames are written as org outlines, there's no explicit
> \end{frame}, but everything up to the next outline is put into a frame.
>
> Is there still some way to what I want?

I have asked the same thing earlier.  Eric Fraga suggested the
following:

** Previous frame
   text here

#+begin_latex
\end{frame}
\againframe<2>{overview.fig}
\begin{frame}<handout>
#+end_latex

** Following frame

From: http://www.mail-archive.com/address@hidden/msg42140.html

For what you are doing I'd might use only environment.  That way you can
have text in frames which are not displayed on frames.  I use the
following snippet

I use
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
(setq org-beamer-environments-extra (quote (("onlyenv" "O" "
    \\begin{onlyenv}%a" "\\end{onlyenv}"))))
#+end_src

And do something like:
#+begin_src org
* section
** Frame
*** Frame text
*** Extra text
    :PROPERTIES:
    :BEAMER_env: onlyenv
    :BEAMER_envargs: <beamer:0>
    :END:

some more text
#+end_src

And you can even use \only and similar in frames and it will work.

Still, what you are asking would be nice but unless things have changed
only a fragile solution exists.

–Rasmus

--
Sent from my Emacs