Re: [O] Date-centric Clocktable

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: Re: [O] Date-centric Clocktable
Date: Tue, 06 Sep 2011 22:08:05 -0400

Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:

> Bernt Hansen <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Rasmus <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> Is is possible to have a clocktabke with times in the left-most column?
>>> The people I am doing some work for now prefer it that way for unknown
>>> reasons.
>>>
>>> This is an example
>>>
>>> | date                                           | Headline        | total |
>>> |------------------------------------------------+-----------------+-------|
>>> | [2011-08-19 Fri 00:28]--[2011-08-19 Fri 00:51] | Writing mails   |  0:23 |
>>> | [2011-06-22 Wed 17:00]--[2011-06-22 Wed 17:45] | Data processing |  0:45 |
>>>
>>> And so forth.
>>
>> Hi Rasmus,
>>
>> I'm not aware of any way to automatically get the clock report in that
>> format using existing org-mode functions but you can just manually move
>> the column before you publish it to whomever wants it in column 1.  Just
>> put point in the total column and M-<left-arrow> to shift the column
>> where you want it.
>
> Well, this would require me to collect some 40 logbook entries myself
> and associate them with a headline.  What I need is a summary showing
> what I did when.  In other words, the default clock table summarizes too
> much.
>
> It might be easier to process the file with some other tool and extract
> logbook entries with a regexp.  Are there any specialized
> Org/Emacs-command I could use for generating a custom clock table?

Hi Rasmus,

Sorry I think I totally missed your point earlier - I thought all you
wanted was to move the total column, not get time detail in column 1.

As Carsten mentioned, the agenda view with logging enabled (and
appropriate tag filters) may get you closer to what you are looking
for.  I use a combination of that and C-u R in the daily / weekly agenda
to get a summary of clock detail lines.

Regards,
Bernt