Re: [O] Was tj3 --> tikz gantt chart

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] Was tj3 --> tikz gantt chart
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 07:58:57 -0500

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 6:47 AM, Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:
> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>
> [...]
>
>> In any case, it looks like *just* after this discussion, something a
>> bit more formal came about for gantt charts and TikZ. I thought you
>> and others might be interested in it:
>> http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Gantt-tikz
>>
>> It looks like a summary/walkthrough of this package:
>> http://www.martin-kumm.de/tex_gantt_package.php
>
> Many thanks for bringing this to our attention.  It looks very good and
> definitely much cleaner and prettier than my little hack job!
>
> It should be fairly straightforward to modify my org table to gantt
> chart code to work with this package.  I'll add this to my list of jobs
> to do "when I have the time" or "when I next need this functionality",
> whichever comes soonest ;-)

One thing to note is that this is using ConTeXt, not [La]Tex. I had
actually never heard of it before and there were some notable
differences between the file structure, particularly the preamble. Let
me know what you think when you dig into that and if org can manage.
Bummer the package wasn't for straight LaTeX!

John