Re: [O] Not merging org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt to the core

From: Štěpán Němec
Subject: Re: [O] Not merging org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt to the core
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2011 12:55:16 +0200

On Wed, 24 Aug 2011 01:46:35 +0200
Jambunathan K. wrote:

>> Hi Jambunathan,
>>
>>> I have made a decision not to merge org-lparse, org-xhtml & org-odt in
>>> to Orgmode core. It is a very difficult decision for me to take
>>> considering that I had put all my heart in to it. (Btw, this decision
>>> has nothing to with me not having enough time at hand.)
>>
>> As all, I'm puzzled by this statement, and wonder what went wrong
>> somehow.
>
> Without mincing words, Bastien has to learn how to respect and engage
> with serious contributors. He should take time to look at the data
> presented to him and put some serious effort before sending out an
> email. I am willing to overlook the fact that he seriously pissed me off
> with unkind words and committed a greater faux paus by inviting Lennart
> Borgman in to merge discussions. I am sorry to say this - Lennart
> Borgman did a half-baked work.
>
> I have been patient and tried my best to be as co-operative as
> possible. He just manages to get me on my nerves somehow. He simply
> didn't have the courtesy to reply to my mails when he simply disappeared
> from the list for 3 months or so. I hate to such callous attitude who
> claims to be a maintainer and wants to act like a maintainer.
>
>> What you did is a really important piece of the puzzle, as it finally
>> let us cooperate more easily with people we can't convert as
>> Org'ers. At least, they won't bother us to fit their software
>> requirement: we can work in Org up till the very end, and then produce
>> a final result in the expected (by others) format.
>>
>>> I leave it up to the community on what would be the best place to "host"
>>> this software.
>>
>> For me, the answer to this was/is clear: Org-mode itself, hence the reason
>> why I don't understand the above.
>
> I have definite ideas on how the merge should proceed. He should be
> willing to concede to the fact that I have a far better understanding on
> what the most effective method of merge is.
>
> Bastien has stepped in to big shoes and he has to measure up.

So "frustrated" is a dirty word for you? How about "a conceited moron"?
Bastien might be an incompetent maintainer or programmer (in any case,
you seem to be the first to make such claims), but he's certainly more
than willing to deal with it. You've shown more than once here that
you're rather incompetent as a contributor and a person[1].

I find it quite surprising that people on this list, including Bastien,
are even willing to reply to the dirt you're spitting up.

[1] Another example of the Jambunathan style:
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/42544/focus=42563

--
Štěpán