Re: [O] Wishlist: LaTeX export: automatically append backslash to "." un

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Wishlist: LaTeX export: automatically append backslash to "." unless at end of sentence
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 23:16:10 +0200

Hi Andras,

Andras Major <address@hidden> writes:

> - If, in the source, the "." precedes a double space " " or a newline,
>   use ". ".
>
> - In any other case, use ".\ ".

I wonder how such a function would look like.

Does anyone wants to try to write it?  Even pseudo-code would be fine at
this stage.

> The reason this would work is the Emacs convention of writing ASCII
> such that there is at least one more space (at least two) between
> sentences.  I believe that the Emacs fill-* functions also make use of
> this convention.

C-h v sentence-end TAB gives several variable that let the user change
the number of spaces after a sentence.  So I guess this is not really
"Emacs convention of writing ASCII", but a more general American
convention.

Would the values of sentence-end* be taken into account by the feature
you describe above?

--
 Bastien