Re: [O] Variable publishing-directory? (resent with patch as attachment)

From: Kai Tetzlaff
Subject: Re: [O] Variable publishing-directory? (resent with patch as attachment)
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2011 10:17:56 +0200

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

Hi Bastien,

> The patch looks good but I'd like to understand it better.
> Can you send an example configuration working with your patch?

In org-publish-project-alist, i have HTML publishing projects which
should be published to different target directories depending on e.g.
where emacs is running (which i determine in my init files using the MAC
address of the default GW, the name the machine, ...).

Here is an example: At home, i publish to a local directory
(:publishing-directory "~/tmp/publish-test") but at work i would like to
publish directly to a webserver (:publishing-directory
"/plinkx:doxydoc:~/public_html/publish-test" - this is on w32, using
tramps PuTTY/plink). To avoid having to change the definition of the
publishing project when i change locations i would like to construct the
actual value of :publishing-directory by calling a function:

         ("publishing-dir-test"
         :base-directory "~/Documents/Work/RS"
         :recursive t
         :base-extension "org"
         :exclude-tags ("intern")
         :publishing-directory '(expand-file-name "publish-test"
kt:org-default-publishing-dir)
         :publishing-function org-publish-org-to-html)

Depending on the location i'm in, 'kt:org-default-publishing-dir' would
be set to either "~/tmp" or "/plinkx:doxydoc:~/public_html". Without the
patch, the example above does not work as the value of
:publishing-directory does not get evaluated.

> Also, please try to send git patch using these conventions:
> http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html#sec-5
>
> Thanks a lot!

Thanks for the hint. I've attached a revised version of the patch which
includes a changelog/commit msg - i hope that works for you.