Re: [O] Merge org-7.7 into emacs

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] Merge org-7.7 into emacs
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2011 15:57:31 +0200

Hi Memnon and Eric,

Memnon Anon <address@hidden> writes:

> Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I believe 10 lines is the cutoff for whether a patch may be considered
>> "tiny" and thus whether it requires copyright attribution to the FSF.
>
> ,----[ http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html ]
> | If your patch is against a file that is part of Emacs, then your total
> | contribution (all patches you submit) should change less than 20 lines.
> | If you contribute more, you have to assign the copyright of your
> | contribution to the Free Software Foundation (see below).
> `----

Emacs says "fewer than 15 lines":

  http://bzr.savannah.gnu.org/lh/emacs/trunk/annotate/head:/etc/CONTRIBUTE

  We can accept small changes (roughly, fewer than 15 lines) without
  legal papers.  Anything more substantial requires a copyright
  disclaimer or assignment (the latter is preferred, especially for
  larger changes).  Both of these involved filling out a short form and
  filing it with the FSF.  The process is straightforward -- contact us
  at address@hidden to obtain the relevant forms.

I've updated worg/org-contribute.org to reflect this.

--
 Bastien