Re: [O] Script: convert Tomboy/GNote XML to org-mode

From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
Subject: Re: [O] Script: convert Tomboy/GNote XML to org-mode
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 14:01:37 -0300

Thanks for the instructions, and sorry for the late reply.  I'm using
Ubuntu 11.04 and I was able to run the script after installing
libtext-format-perl as you have instructed.

I have found one problem that prevents me from converting my notes
correctly, though. In tomboy I have many notes where I use "*" as bullet
item in the body starting in the first column. These bullet items are then
interpreted as level-1 headings in the final notes.org file. This can be
solved by indenting the body content of each converted note. Org-mode will
then interpret the items as actual items instead of headlines.

Also, tomboy doesn't really support tags. It only allows you to group
notes. I think this maps better as the CATEGORY property in org-mode,
instead of a TAGS property. But that's just my opinion.

--
Darlan