[O] Unicode and Latex export

From: suvayu ali
Subject: [O] Unicode and Latex export
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 01:25:32 +0200

Hi,

Since I am a science student, I end up using lots of unicode
characters for Greek and mathematical symbols. I usually read my notes
in Emacs itself, unicode makes this a much nicer experience. However
sometimes there is a need to export to html or pdf. Exporting to html
works great with this, but I run into problems with missing characters
when I export to latex.

So my question is, is there a convenient way to translate the unicode
characters into their corresponding latex commands for latex export
and keep the unicode characters as is in the org file or for html
export?

--
Suvayu