Re: [O] cleaning all the #+results from an org document

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] cleaning all the #+results from an org document
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2011 10:40:59 -0600

> There is another glitch...
> The additional empty lines created by execution of a code block to
> create the result section are not removed. Going forth and back
> creates more and more empty lines.
>
>    #+begin_src sh
>    echo "No more empty rows"
>    #+end_src
>    * I am squeezed directly under the code block
>
> execute it
>
>    #+begin_src sh
>    echo "No more empty rows"
>    #+end_src
>
>    #+results:
>    : No more empty rows
>
>    * I am squeezed directly under the code block
>
> Remove the result with the given function
>
>    #+begin_src sh
>    echo "No more empty rows"
>    #+end_src
>

>    * I am squeezed directly under the code block
>
> Execute the code again
>
>    #+begin_src sh
>    echo "No more empty rows"
>    #+end_src
>
>    #+results:
>    : No more empty rows
>

>    * I am squeezed directly under the code block

Yes, this is something that seems to need fine tuning from time to time,
as new result and code block types are added and removed.  I've made a
note to take a look at this.

> As for the key I like the C-c C-v k idea

great, applied.

> What do you think about the (optional) timestamps idea for results
> ... might be great for archiving. Open a file a year later and still
> be able to see when you executed the blocks the last time might be
> helpful in terms of "Ohhh yeah this was before I fixed this terrible
> bug"...

I do think this is a good idea.  I don't have the time to implement this
now as it will involve some nontrivial reworking of the syntax of
results lines, but I'll add it to my stack.  Patches welcome :).

Thanks -- Eric

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte/