[O] [feature request] tangle on org-special-edit

From: Dirk Scharff
Subject: [O] [feature request] tangle on org-special-edit
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2011 15:38:40 +0200

Hello,

Org-mode provides the function to edit code blocks in their languages native
environment. If you want do literate programming you'll end up with web-syntax
(<<the-block-to-be-included-here>> ) in the environment org-special-edit
started.

I'd like to purpose, that before opening the special language environment, the
code-block should be tangled to a temporary file. Then a buffer should be
stated with that file loaded in its native language environment. If you'd do
that the code would really be executable and therefore debuggable and
analyzable with the tools the programming language provides.

You'll have to keep track on the tangled code blocks then. I think some info in
comments should do the trick. I uploaded a mockup of what I mean here:
http://dl.getdropbox.com/u/3503145/org-feature-mockup.pdf

best regards,
Dirk.