Re: [O] question about ODT export behavior

From: Rainer Stengele
Subject: Re: [O] question about ODT export behavior
Date: Thu, 14 Jul 2011 08:50:59 +0200

Am 13.07.2011 22:15, schrieb Jambunathan K:
> Jambunathan K <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Rainer Stengele <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> having this in an org file:
>>> ----------------------------------
>>> * Test
>>> ** header 2
>>>    - item 1
>>>      * subitem 11
>>>      * subitem 12
>>>    - item 2
>>>      * subitem 21
>>>      * subitem 22
>>> ----------------------------------
>> Could you please post your complete #+OPTIONS line - specifically the
>> `H: ' and `toc: ' option?
> Looking at the code, I believe these options may not be relevant (for
> the odt exporter)
>
> Your org file doesn't use an explicit line break or timestamps. So the
> only scenario under which line breaks can occur is precisely when you
> have actually requested them.
>
> Check this variable or the corresponding OPTIONS directive.
>

> ,----[ C-h v org-export-preserve-breaks RET ]
> | org-export-preserve-breaks is a variable defined in `org-exp.el'.
> | Its value is nil
> |
> | Documentation:
> | Non-nil means preserve all line breaks when exporting.
> | Normally, in HTML output paragraphs will be reformatted.  In ASCII
> | export, line breaks will always be preserved, regardless of this variable.
> |
> | This option can also be set with the +OPTIONS line, e.g. "\n:t".
> |
> | You can customize this variable.
> |
> | [back]
> `----

Yes. That was it. After changing

org-export-preserve-breaks

to nil the breaks are gone.
Sorry,  I did not know how the exporter works. I did therefore not check the
export options.

Again, thank you for your excellent work!
Bastien, thanks for helping!

Can you give me a hint where I can find some documentation about changing the
styles.xml?

- Rainer