Re: [O] Python script to download Google Calendar events

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [O] Python script to download Google Calendar events
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 00:37:47 +0900

Hi Felix,

Small disclaimer: I've tested this on Mac OS X only, using Python 2.7.2.

It took me a while to get the gpg part working but now its working nicely :)
I had to remove -no-tty for some reason.
getting from
authinfo = os.popen('gpg -q -no-tty -d ~/org/google_passwd.org.gpg').read()
authinfo = os.popen('gpg -q -d ~/org/google_passwd.org.gpg').read()

This is working under Arch-Linux, obvious after tweaking to use python2 and not python3.

I will test if I could add the generated file to my agenda.

This would allow me to merge the google calendar with org.
Basically, I started to use the google calendar since most of the time I add events on my smartphone. Adding a quick event is, for now, much easier using the google calendar rather then trying to sync via org-mobile. I also appreciate the calendar view on small screens rather then a text-based view. A sync between org-mode and google events is not necessary as long as I stick with the way to add/change events only on my mobile phone. (but sure it would be awesome if there would be a real sync).

Lets see how it works out.

Totti