Re: [O] Using org-mode for Research and Notetaking

From: Giovanni Ridolfi
Subject: Re: [O] Using org-mode for Research and Notetaking
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2011 16:28:52 +0200

Florian Beck <address@hidden> writes:

Hi, Florian,

My org version is:
Org-mode version 7.5 311b09d92644f39040087327d6a1dbeb09a9ab6e

> I don't want to see todo-keywords and TAGs in
>  the output. How do I get rid of them?
In the manual,

Export options.

manual explanation:

text
                tags:    turn on/off inclusion of tags, may also be
`not-in-toc'

> How about caching the data and update on saving
>  an org-agenda file?

Bastien just said:
 "I've never been a big fan of caching Org files information, because Org
  files are often modified in impredictible ways.  But if we can update
  the cache quickly, then it will certainly be useful."

  However it will stress the disk.

>  3. By default, tags cannot contain spaces or commas.
yes, but you can use underscore: "_"

[...]
> a TODO item should
>  not be part of your text but disappear when it is done.

you can archive the task/headline, when it is done.

cheers,
Giovanni