Re: [O] How-to evaluate Java-snippets in org-mode/org-babel ?

From: Jason F. McBrayer
Subject: Re: [O] How-to evaluate Java-snippets in org-mode/org-babel ?
Date: Wed, 06 Jul 2011 11:14:03 -0400

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 07:26:45 -0600, Eric Schulte wrote:

I think the first place to look for executing Java from Org-mode code
blocks would be to check if any existing Emacs java modes already
provide support for interactive code evaluation.

I believe JDEE does support this:

jde-bsh-run is an interactive compiled Lisp function in `jde-bsh.el'.

(jde-bsh-run)

*Starts the JDEE version of the BeanShell.

But honestly, getting everything set up for your environment for it to actually work right is a pain and three quarters.

| Jason F. McBrayer address@hidden                     |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors. --- The Dhammapada     |