Re: [O] Org-mode is not able to manage complex calendar events

From: Karl Voit
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode is not able to manage complex calendar events
Date: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 12:20:55 +0200

* Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Karl,

Hi!

> Karl Voit <address@hidden> writes:
>
> The idea behind some helper commands to let people construct diary
> sexp is that:
>
> - it won't complexify Org's syntax about timestamps
> - such help commands can be maintained and improved independantly
>   from Org

I see the benefits of maintaining and re-use of things already
invented. This seems to be a trade-off: easy to use vs.
maintaining/re-use.

I am happy to be able to be a part of creating a user friendly sexp
assistant which enables flexible and easy to use user experience for
complicated timestamps.

> Moreover, the search for a nice interface to building diary sexp
> could help understanding what could be the best syntax for Org itself.

Good point.

> It's not that I'm too lazy to implement (I'm a bit, of course), but
> I really think the syntax of timestamps should be "improved" very
> carefully... it's the core of Org.

Full ack.

--
Karl Voit