[O] Regression bug in tangle/weave

From: MidLifeXis at PerlMonks
Subject: [O] Regression bug in tangle/weave
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 08:24:05 -0700 (PDT)

It appears that there may be a regression problem with the current tangle/weave
process.  I used to be able to have a noweb section for the name of the file,
another for the version of the file, and then have an autogenerated header
section that included those two pieces of information on a single line.
Following is an org file snippet of my bug description.

* Bugs
** SOMEDAY org-mode bug with tangle and newlines      :BUG:
   :PROPERTIES:
   :created: [2011-06-30 Thu 10:00]
   :ID: e4c992b5-4d35-443b-b34a-0fbda7c66aea
   :END:
   :LOGBOOK:
   - Added on [2011-06-30 Thu 10:00]
   :END:
   [2011-06-30 Thu]

   A regression bug has surfaced in org-mode with the tangle/weave
   process mangling the following setup:

   #+begin_src perl :noweb yes :tangle testoutput.pl :shebang #!perl
   # <<generated-from>>
   print "Hello world\n";
   #+end_src

   #+srcname: generated-from
   #+begin_src text :noweb yes
   Generated from <<file-name>> version <<file-version>>.
   #+end_src

   #+srcname: file-name
   #+begin_src text :noweb yes
   ATestFile.org
   #+end_src

   #+srcname: file-version
   #+begin_src text :noweb yes
   1.2.3.4
   #+end_src

   The last it worked* was sometime in the early 7.4 timeframe.  If I
   get some time, I may do a bisect on it, although others are welcome
   to do the work required.  Timeframe is based on memory, not
   actual checking, so first a bisect needs to be done to find where
   it last worked.

*** Actual output

#+begin_src perl
#!perl

# Generated from ATestFile.org
# Generated from  version 1.2.3.4
# Generated from <<file-name>> version .
#
print "Hello world\n";
#+end_src

*** Expected output (or at least similar)

#+begin_src perl
#!perl

# Generated from ATestFile.org version 1.2.3.4.

print "Hello world\n";
#+end_src

* End of org file