Re: [O] HTML Postamble is inside Content DIV

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] HTML Postamble is inside Content DIV
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 23:45:18 +0200

Hi,

"Sebastien Vauban" wrote:
> Sébastien Vauban wrote:
>> Jonathan BISSON wrote:

>>> I think so (and the same for preamble)!
>>>
>>> I rewrote org-export-as-html and did a custom org-publish-org-to-html to
>>> call it, in order to get them out off the content div (you can look at a
>>> first test on my webpage http://www.bjonnh.net). It's easy to do it I can
>>> send you my file if you are interested.
>>
>> I think sharing the code here is always a good idea.
>>
>> However, I'd favor an approach commonly shared by others, ie by either:
>>
>> - moving the postamble out of the content DIV
>>
>> - adding an extra "environment" next to the content DIV, if the postamble
>> must
>>   stay where it currently is -- for historical or compliance reasons?
>>
>> (same applies for preamble)
>
> I'm hijacking my own thread, as it received little support, and as the new
> question is quite related to that:
>
> - if we customize the preamble, our string will be inserted as is;
>
> - if we customize the postamble, our string will be inserted as is... between
>   a wrapping div called "postamble".
>
> Shouldn't it be normal to apply the same reasoning for both cases: either
> impose a wrapper, either not?
>
>> Any comment for others?

Except for the reply of Jonathan, I received no answer on this. Here is thus
my proposition for a better div-structured HTML.

There are only four parts required in the HTML for all the magic to work with
the CSS:

- The first part is a container div ("content", by default) that surrounds
  everything.

- Inside that are three more parts:
  + a preamble (in a div, if the user wants it),
  + a div "body" and
  + a postamble (in a div, if the user wants it).

The patch is attached.

Best regards,
  Seb

--