Re: [O] ob-lilypond

From: Martyn Jago
Subject: Re: [O] ob-lilypond
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 09:38:34 +0000 (UTC)

Hi Eric

> Eric Schulte <schulte.eric <at> gmail.com> writes:
>
> Hi Martyn,
>
> This looks great, I look forward to testing it out, although my music
> composition experience is limited to using Finale in a high-school music
> theory class.
>
> It sounds like your plan is to keep this on github during the first
> trial and debugging stages.  At some point I would love to include this
> into the Org-mode core.

Thanks - I'm no LilyPond expert myself, and so a heads-up from a more
proficient LilyPond user would be great. Likewise the ins and outs of
LilyPond-mode. That said, it is working well for me and my use-case, and
it is great to be generating music and score out of org-mode - it feels a
good fit, which is testament to the flexability of org-babel and org-mode.

> Part of me is tempted to push for immediate integration so that this is
> released with Emacs24 (we could push bug fixes throughout the fall),
> however this may be too much code for just before an Org-mode release.
>
> Thanks for sharing! -- Eric

I'll leave that decision to you, but certainly if the software is useful
to others, I am happy to see it distributed. Actually, I only recently
discovered how busy Lilypond development is, so there must be potential
users out there. Perhaps I should bite the bullet and approach the Lilypond
user mailing list to see if there is any interest there?

Regards

Martyn

> Martyn Jago <martyn.jago <at> btinternet.com> writes:
<...>