Re: [O] babel: textual output and graphic results

From: Eythan Weg
Subject: Re: [O] babel: textual output and graphic results
Date: Sat, 25 Jun 2011 08:05:52 -0400

Eric Schulte <address@hidden>
Fri, 24 Jun 2011 11:11:52 -0700

   address@hidden (Eythan Weg) writes:

   > Hi,
   >
   > How could I effect the plot saved in a file and the output produced
   > shown in the buffer by using a single execution of R in the following
   > snippet?

   Each code block can only return a single output type, so you will have

Is this property fundamental, or temporary?

   to split your code block into two, however (given that you are using
   sessions) this should not affect the runtime behavior.  The following
   will work...

   #+begin_src R :results output :session
   print(seq(1,10))
   #+end_src
   #+begin_src R :file example.png :session
   plot(seq(1,10))
   #+end_src

   Best -- Eric

Thank you.