Re: [O] HTML5 presentations

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] HTML5 presentations
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2011 09:09:52 +0200

Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> writes:
>> Although I haven't tried it recently, conkeror just uses the XULrunner
>> engine that Firefox is based on.  So if you switch to a reasonably
>> recent version of XULrunner, it should work.  Current version from
>
> Thanks.  I'll look into it.

This worked for me (as root or whichever user has full control over
/usr/local):

cd /usr/local/lib
git clone git://repo.or.cz/conkeror.git
make clean && make
cd /usr/local/bin
ln -s ../lib/conkeror/contrib/run-conkeror conkeror

If you have multiple XULrunner versions installed, you can switch
between them by setting the environment variable

CONKEROR_XULRUNNER_VERSION

appropiately.  You can check which ones are installed (and properly
registered) by running

/usr/local/lib/conkeror/contrib/list-xulrunner-versions

The number in brackets is what you need to set
CONKEROR_XULRUNNER_VERSION to.  In conkeror itself, check what version
it runs on by doing an M-x version.  With FF5 XUlrunner will also switch
to version 5 apparently.

HTH,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: