Re: [O] Passing font size to exported LaTeX table

From: Suvayu Ali
Subject: Re: [O] Passing font size to exported LaTeX table
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 12:08:25 -0700

Hi Nick,

A very big thank you for that crystal clear code commentary.

On Wed, 01 Jun 2011 14:50:34 -0400
Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:

> <soapbox> I've tried to keep a neutral tone in (most of) the rest of
> the mail, but I have to say that I think clever hacks like this are
> too clever for their own good - they are at best an accident of
> implementation. The fact that the trick uses the placement option in
> order to change the font testifies to that.

After the very clear description above, I agree 100%. I will remove my
addition to the manual and instead try to improve the #+ATTR_LaTeX:
documentation based on your code commentary. At the moment I am facing a
very important deadline for the 8th of June, I will submit a revised
patch after that.

> They should certainly be documented as hacks on Worg, but I'm not sure
> they should be documented in the manual. Of course, it may happen that
> a really good hack (by some definition of "really good") should be
> elevated to a standard and documented in the manual, but IMO this one
> does not qualify. </soapbox>

Along with the revisions for the manual, I will document my hack on Worg.

> Comments, corrections, additions are more than welcome.

Thanks a lot! :)

--
Suvayu