Re: [O] Missing Introduction and About sections in LaTeX export

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] Missing Introduction and About sections in LaTeX export
Date: Wed, 27 Apr 2011 18:23:42 -0400

Avdi Grimm <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 27, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Nick Dokos <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Just star them by hand in the tex file after exporting for the last
> > time: it'll take two seconds. You may be able to do it from Org by
> > writing a custom function (C-h v org-export-latex-classes <RET> for
> > details) but I suspect that the effort is just not worth it.
>

> Ugh. This is a (somewhat) living document; manually tweaking the .tex
> after export isn't really an option.
>
> I was hoping there was a tag or property that I could set on a section
> indicating it is frontmatter/backmatter.

I don't know of an easy way within Org - somebody else might have better
ideas.

If I were in your position, I'd probably write a simple Makefile to
produce the PDF and incorporate a simple post-processing awk script
to do the transformation. Or write an elisp function to run as
part of org-export-latex-final-hook perhaps.

Nick