Re: [O] Turning on repeat logging for a subtree only

From: Matt Lundin
Subject: Re: [O] Turning on repeat logging for a subtree only
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 19:39:02 -0400

Tom <address@hidden> writes:

> I generally have repeat logging off, but I want to turn it on
> for a certain subtree.
>
> I added the property LOGGING with the value logrepeat:
>
> :PROPERTIES:
> :LOGGING: logrepeat
> :END:
>
> But this doesn't seem to work, when I toogle the task state
> the repeat is not logged.

Works fine for me here. I set org-log-repeat to nil and used the
following headline:

* TODO A test                                                          :hack:
  SCHEDULED: <2011-04-20 Wed +1d>
  :PROPERTIES:
  :LOGGING:  logrepeat
  :END:

When I mark it DONE, I get the following results:

* TODO A test                                                          :hack:
  SCHEDULED: <2011-04-21 Thu +1d>
  :LOGBOOK:
  - State "DONE"       from "TODO"       [2011-04-20 Wed 18:32]
  :END:
  :PROPERTIES:
  :LOGGING:  logrepeat
  :LAST_REPEAT: [2011-04-20 Wed 18:32]
  :END:

> I checked the source and apparently it is because logrepeat
> sets org-log-repeat to 'state, but I want to it to be set to 'time.
>
> Is there a way to set to it 'time instead of 'state?

AFAICT 'time and 'state are the same thing.

Best,
Matt